Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My rant

I do not usually rant, but I think today I really need too. I do not get kids today. Why are kids many kids today lazy and ungrateful? They think they have it sooooo hard. Today our kids just want to sit in front of the tv, the computer, or a video game.

My kids are here for the summer. They live with their mother full time. They are rarely active. I took them to the park to walk around it and they thought they were going to die. Yesterday I told them they had to play WII. I prefer they play boxing because it is way more active in the WII Sports than the other games. They whined, we do not have enough energy. Waaaa Waaaaaa!!! They already have genetic strikes against them for health problems.

I do not think we as Americans today put fitness as a top priority in our lifestyle. I am guilty of this too. Poor planning, eating out of convenience, not making time to go to the gym. I think we all have been guilty at some point. We really need to work to change this. Even some of the most healthy people fall dead to various conditions.

I gave the kids a lecture about being challenged in life. We can't improve and be better without a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment