Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 1


I never really understood why people blogged. After reading a few blogs I get it. Today is Day 1 of change for me. I have battled the challenges of achieving a healthy and fit lifestyle. I achieved one goal I made for myself this year, and then I stopped trying to achieve anything else since then. Now it is time to set my sites on another goal.

After finishing the The Minnesota Ironman Bikeride, which I rode 30 miles in the pouring rain, thunder and lightening and winds, I was real happy with myself. Sure now I know I can ride 30 miles in bad weather, what else can I do? I failed at getting down to my goal weight, and I have become determined to get there. It's feast of famine.

Last night I watched a tv show on TLC called the 650lb virgin. I found it to be very interesting. this guy lot 400lbs the old fashioned way. I am no where near that size or have that much weight to lose, so I know if he can do it I can.

That's me above. At my highest weight. Follow me as I go through the journey. After I am done with this log this morning, a new day begins.


1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's extremely encouraging to read that. We're gonna smash through your goals together!!

    ReplyDelete