Monday, September 14, 2009

Biggest Loser


Ahh a new day. So today happens to be the day at my office that a Biggest Loser Challenge begins. I was skeptical at first, because last year my co-workers and myself, and HR told us we couldn't. A few months later they took our idea and did it. So this year I am embracing it as something else that can help motivate me towards my goals.

So I just came back from the weigh-in. Their scale only goes to 280. :( That was embarassing. I would love to be able to hop on a regular scale. Last night I had the crappiest workout I will post the disappointing numbers:
Date Exercise Body Parts Worked Time Sets Reps Lbs Max/Min
14-Sep Machine- Seated Chest Press Chest
1 15 105



Chest
3 10 105


Machine- Pec Dec Chest
1 15 105
Max 35lbs up

Chest
3 10 105


Incline Press- Plate Loaded Machine Chest
2 10 90
Max 30lbs up




1 5 90


Smith Machine Bench Press Chest
3 10 70
Min 20lbs

I was so exhausted during this workout. I had 2 days in a row of about 5 hours of sleep and worked 10 hours a day. This just was not productive at all. I am still on the search of DISCIPLINE. This has really been a mental struggle.

I know I have it in other aspects of my life. It sucks waking up at 5 A to go to work for 10 hours a day, but I do. I found this statement at a website: To me, the root of the problem is not the diet program. The root of the problem lies within the individual on the diet program. So if you want to lose weight and keep it off we need to work on "YOU", because after all, you are the one who created your weight problem. This is a fact. You are the one who have been overeating. You are the one that just could not pass-up that last piece of pie. You are the one who has not practiced self-discipline. You are the one that did not listen to your doctor when he told you that you needed to lose 20 pounds. Now you are 50 pounds overweight. YYou are the one that hasallowed food to become your master instead of the over way around. Remember! The food did not fly out of your plate and into your mouth. You and only you made the decision to overeat.

How many people can really admit that? I know I can. Ya know the lbs are not flying off, I notice more muscle definition and clothes fitting loser, but I need to get the scale burning, and it isn't. I figure if I can do this I can do anything. This weekend I am suppose to do the Minneapolis Bike Tour. I have 6 days to get ready. I know I can do it because I finished the IRONMAN, but I trained for that longer than my training for this. I turned in my workout log to Dave, my trainer, and I am prepared for some criticism of the workout. A swift kick in the ass is what I need to make it happen. Should I really have to have someone else hold me accountable to this? I can't have my hand held forever. Damn this is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment