Saturday, August 15, 2009

Running calculations

So today one of the Dr's at work told me that the calories burned calculations on livetstrong.com is wayyyy off. So I guess I will no longer will be logginf my activity in there. So today I took it upon myself to runs some calculations. I think I will use it just to log what I eat. I decided to use the Harris Benedict Equation to see how many calories I need per day just to survive. That number is 3039.85.

It is suggested that you have a 15%-20% deficit to lose weight. For most people the average is 500 calories per day for 1 pound. I want to lose 2 lbs per week. So I need a 7000 calorie deficit per week. So from what I am gathering I need to shave off 1000 calories per day to lose 2lbs per week. Until I purchase the bodybugg I will have to guestimate my calorie expernditure. This should be fun.

My muscle recovery is wayyyy slow. This is day 3 of soreness in my upper body. I wish my recovery time would get alittle faster. Today I need to go to the store and get some more fruits and veggies. I also need to find ways to sneak more protein into my diet. I think I am going to make some chili tonight. Should be a good way to get some in.

Got a nice cardio plan going today. I would like to knock in 12 miles. Wish me luck. Will check in later to let ya'll know what we get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment